Taking care of trees may sound really easy, but there is a technical field of arboriculture behind each one of these living things. Growing trees in different kinds of soils and climates can be challenging to say the least. This week on #treechat, the Tree Care Industry Association (TCIA) will help take out some of the mystery of proper tree care. Come learn some tips for having healthy trees in our landscapes and neighborhoods.
GIVEAWAY ANNOUNCED! What is your best tip when it comes to pruning trees? Tell us in the comments below and live on #treechat. TCIA will select the best tip and the winner will receive a Corona Forged Aluminum bypass pruner.
You're Invited to Tweet
@CoronaTools along with special chat host, Linnie Leavines of Tree Care Industry Association (TCIA) @Voiceoftreecare. The live chat begins Tuesday, August 25, 2015 at 11 a.m. PST / 2 p.m. EST. This is the Twitter chat were we come together with industry experts and fellow tree tweeps each week to discuss all things related to trees and tree care, since 2010!
Some of the main discussion points that will be covered during the live chat include:
- TreeCareTips.org - Explore this is a new website and resource center from TCIA with many articles and features dedicated to helping homeowners care for their trees and landscapes.
- Ask the Arborist - Have a tree care related question that isn't on TreeCareTips.org? Write in to TCIA staff arborist Tchukki Andersen (BCMA, CTSP) via the “Ask the Arborist” tool for help.
- Find a Pro - Some jobs are too big or more than homeowners want to tackle. Visitors can find a certified professional and connect the homeowner connect with a professional who provides reliable tree care services in their neighborhood.
- Get Seasonal Tips and Information - The Tree Care Tips quarterly newsletter provides timely tree care tips and more frequent updates via the Tree Care Tips RSS Feed.
- Public Education and Awareness - Tree Care Tips helps to educate homeowners about the dangers in do-it-yourself tree work.
Join the Conversation
Join us for this information-rich topic live on Twitter! Just sign in, search for #treechat and tweet using the hashtag. You're tweets will appear in the live tweet stream and you will be part of the conversation. Be sure to add the hashtag to all your tweets or join us in the treechat room on Tweetchat. They will automatically add it for you and it's easy to watch the conversation as it happens!
If you do miss the live chat, you can still access the complete Storify transcript, available 24/7 following the live chat. It includes include all the information and links shared during the discussion.
Connect and share with the green industry leaders live on Twitter and 24/7 to learn and share about hot topics in the green industry. Now treechat is part of the Green Industry Leaders Network (GILN) presented by Corona and its partners. We are an alliance of professional organizations who are advancing the horticulture, tree care, and landscaping industries.