Lawn & Landscape Magazine is a significant resource for business owners within the green industry. This week they've invited Marketing Expert Chris Heiler of Landscape Leadership to weigh in on content marketing.
Learn how to optimize everything from photos to keywords. Chris Heiler will provide examples, give advice and answer questions on strategy and tactics for the best marketing on the planet during this week's #Landscapechat on Twitter.
POST CHAT UPDATE: Be sure to listen to Chris Heiler's follow up podcast, Smarketing Talk - SEO For Landscapers and Lawn Care Pros on Landscape Leadership!
You're Invited to Tweet
Join @CoronaTools and Co-Host Lawn and Landscape Magazine Digital Content Manager, Kate Spirgen @LawnLandscape, along with Guest Host Chris Heiler, President and Founder of Landscape Leadership, tweeting as @inboundagency, for a look at 5 Ways to Optimize Your Website on #landscapechat,,Wednesday, April 1, 2015 at 11 a.m. P.T.or 2 p.m. ET. This is the Twitter chat where we come together with green industry experts and fellow landscape tweeps, each week to discuss all things related to landscape, since 2011.
Key insights from #Landscapechat with Chris Heiler include:
1) Content Marketing - SEO is mostly impacted by your content today, not as much by on-page technical things like keywords and title tags like in previous years.
2) Find local keywords - The first step you should take in finding the best keywords for your business is defining your target service area.
3) Optimize Tag Titles - Title tags are part of your website meta data, which acts as a more descriptive and formatted version of URLs.
4) Use Meta Descriptions - Consisting of 150 characters, these descriptions should contain one or two compelling sentences describing your specific company services and local service area to give your potential clients a preview of the contents of your webpage.
5) Make Your Photos Work for You - There are three values you can update or add to your image files to fully optimize them
Join the Conversation
Don’t miss out on this exciting topic and join the conversation via Twitter. Just sign into #landscapechat with your Twitter ID and you can follow the conversation and share with the community. Be sure to add the hashtag to all your tweets or join us in the landscapechat room on Tweetchat. They will automatically add it for you and it's easy to watch the conversation as it happens!
If you do miss the live event, you can still access the Storify recap, accessible 24/7 that will be posted following the live chat. The transcript includes all the information and links shared during the discussion.
Connect and share with the green industry leaders live on Twitter and 24/7 to learn and share about hot topics in the green industry. Now landscapechat is part of the Green Industry Leaders Network (GILN) presented by Corona and its partners. We are an alliance of professional organizations who are advancing the horticulture, tree care, and landscaping industries!photo courtesy of Lawn & Landscape Magazine