With more than 1 billion of the world's population on today's social networks it doesn't take a mathematician to figure out that businesses or organizations looking to expand its customer base and reach, should be actively be engaging with them via social networks. But before you make the leap, it’s important to have a plan and strategy to maximize your time and to yield the greatest benefits.
Beginning in April 2013, the 3rd Tuesday of the month, treechat kicks off #SocialTuesday geared towards identifying trends, tips and strategies for taking advantages of social networks and applying them to tree care and landscape businesses. On 4/16, our topic is your social strategy with the key areas of discussion including;
- Your Internal Challenges – executive demanding ROI, internal departments who don’t support or understand social networks, budgets and resources
- On-the-Fly Social Evaluation – how do you know your social strategy is effective, how do you step up your efforts, and where do you go for new ideas and inspiration
- Social Framework for Businesses – a set of core objectives guidelines that supports your digital strategies within the organization
- Where to Start – developing the plan before you start and updating your current tactics to become more effective
- What’s Your Objective – identify why you’re on social networks will help guide your strategy to implement them effectively
- Your Audience – understanding who they are and what they want from you
- Brand Voice – structuring your brand guidelines and voice across networks
- Social Campaigns – if at first you don’t succeed, try something else
- Measuring Your Success – Did you meet your objectives or is it time to adjust or just start over
So whether you’ve been a social fanatic for years or about to set up your 1st Facebook page, come share with us on Treechat’s, Social Tuesday series and discover new ways to grow your business and your social media plan. In case you missed the live chat or any of the resourses shared, check out the complete Storify transcript.