On February 18th the US celebrates President’s Day to honor of two of our greatest presidents born in this month; Abraham Lincoln and George Washington. On this week’s treechat we will be discussing a topic that relates to Washington and the infamous cherry tree with our guest, @GrowOrganicCom of Peaceful Valley Farm Supply.
The live chat begins at 2/19/13 at 11AM PST with this week's guest hosts Charlotte Germane and Linnie McNaughton, Nursery Manager at Peacful Valley. Join @Coronatools and other industry experts each week at 11AM PST via Twitter for #treechat. Discussing all things related to trees and tree care since 2010!
Topic highlights covered during this week's chat includes;
- Washington and the Cherry Tree – A discussion of his birthday and news about dwarf cherry trees
- Planting Method – Why the wide and shallow method works best
- Pruning Cherry and Apricot Trees - Drop the loppers when you get these trees in winter
- Pruning Other Fruit Trees – Discussing the most popular pruning system
- Dormant Spraying Tips – How to know if it’s too late for the third dormant spraying
Charlotte has lots of great information in store on this chat so you won't want to miss it. And if you have questions related to the topic that you would like her to cover during the chat, please leave it in the comments below or tweet it to @GrowOrganicCom before the live chat.
If you do miss the chat, don't worry, you can still access the #treechat Storify 24/7 that will be posted following the chat. The transcript includes all the information and links we shared during the discussion.
Come share with us on this great topic and see you on the live chat!
Cherry tree image is courtesy of Peaceful Valley Farm Supply, Inc.