Corona, Calif. (April 21, 2014) – America’s favorite tool company is pleased to announce a new line of files and rasps. Corona’s comprehensive range of sharpening tools is backed by the accumulated knowledge of the company, with more than 72 years of experience and proven utility. As the leading provider of premium quality tools, Corona files and rasps are forged for strength, maximum sharpness for superior cutting performance and long lasting durability.
Corona is launching this line of files and rasps to ensure that our gardening and landscape tools will perform at their highest performance and efficiency.
• Precise geometry and consistent tang sizing ensures quality products. Corona’s forging, grinding and polishing techniques begin with hardened steel blanks and end with the most accurately precise files.
• Density, depth and regularity of the teeth ensure high filing performance and excellent surface finishing. Depend on Corona’s consistent quality, based on more than 100 quality control tests per file raw materials, during the production process and finished products.
• The combination of high carbon and chrome alloy enables the steel to set uniformly during the hardening heat treatment process. Corona’s unique heat treatments, termed Globular Annealing and Integral Hardening, produce an integral hardness level of 65 HRC ¥ 2 HRC (Rockwell C). This results in files with very high levels of hardness and wear resistance.
• Corona’s range of files includes all the standard shapes and geometry, both in Bastard Cut and Smooth Cut.
• Corona’s Ergonometric Grip is important due to the nature of the filing process. Our file handles are ergonomically designed, largely eliminating muscle strain, shock and vibration to the hands during the repetitive motion during filing. The comfortable grip is designed to mold to the shape of the hand for greater control, reduced muscle tension and to help reduce the risk of injury.
• A hard polypropylene core, covered with a thermoplastic elastomer, provides a comfortable fit enabling the user to perform extended filing tasks while minimizing muscle fatigue. Corona® supplies most popular files complete with a symmetric handle to allow the user to grip it comfortably regardless of which side of the file is used.
• Corona’s handle has also been designed with interchangeable cushion inserts to fit the range of files and guarantee the maximum safety and ease of use.
• Our factory and its operations have received ISO 9001 certification, a benchmark for quality management and a measurement of Corona’s success, profitability and market potential. Our ISO 9001 rating will better equip your business to provide your customers with the highest quality files and rasps.
Founded in the early 1920s, Corona is a leader in the marketing and manufacturing of professional and consumer tools for the lawn and garden, landscape, irrigation, construction and agriculture markets. With a retail and distribution network that extends throughout the United States and Canada, Corona’s proven designs, quality manufacturing processes and unparalleled customer service make it the best choice in tools for contractors, agricultural professionals, master gardeners and avid gardeners alike.